Monday, September 21, 2009

another week

Ah, another week has flown by! I think being in a routine causes the days to progress more quickly.

One of my daily routines is riding the mini-bus. Now, a mini-bus is basically a beat up van that has been converted into public transportation, but just because these clunkers have seen a few years doesn’t mean they lack style. Almost all of them have a given name that is in a giant decal on the front and rear windows. Some popular names include: God is One, Allah Akbar, G-Unit, New G-Unit, One Love, 50-Cent, and my personal favorite Judgment Day. 

The mini-buses have set routs but they have no set stops, you give them a little wave if you want a ride, and they stop for you if they have room. Thankfully the street I live on is the end of one of the lines so there is always an empty bus.

Here are the mini buses at the central market. Most busses go to and from the central market. I ride a bus from my house to the market then get on another one heading to the radio station. 


Last week we had a choir come into the studio. Thursday the guitarists and keyboardist came in to record their tracks, and the choir came in on Friday. This was our first real test for the studio.  I think that we succeeded but I will know for sure on Tuesday when I return to the studio to mix our recording. The choir recorded about 7 songs and we only had a few glitches, so I think this is a good sign for our progress.


A shot of the center of town by the market  



Yesterday (Sunday) was the holiday Eid, which is the last day of Ramadan, but because it fell on a weekend today was a day off for many people. I didn’t find out that I would have the day off until 10pm last night. So, today I am sending posting my blog from a internet cafĂ© called Aroma instead of from work as I usually do.

0 comments: