Wednesday, January 20, 2010

absent

Dear faithful readers,

I apologize for my sudden lack of blog posts.
Honestly, I haven’t had any motivation to write a blog post. Things have been very slow at work, and life is not that exciting.

The excitement and newness of everything has worn off. I guess that is life.

Also, I have been making a lot of excuses such as: I’ll do it later… Well, I guess that is really the only excuse that I have come up with.

Today I took the day off work, partially because I really needed to do laundry, and partially because there was nothing going on.
Right now I’m at the café that I go to often, called cappuccino, and I’m stuck here for a bit until it stops raining.
As I sit here typing I realize, as I often do, that my typing skills are progressively getting worse. I type daily, but there is one problem, at work I use a French keyboard. It was difficult at first but then I got used to it. Now I stumble around trying to type on my laptop. Here are some of the differences:

Q and A have switched positions as well as W and Z. M has moved up next to L and I have to Shift-period to get a period. Those are the most annoying changes. The less annoying (but still annoying) changes involve ‘ @ () and “. I know their general areas by now, but I have to stop and look at the keyboard when I need to use them.

It really isn’t that big of a deal, my fingers are just really confused, and I end up using the backspace key every other word.

A small cockroach was just crawling on my leg, no big deal, its worse when I find them on my bed. I have actually become friends with the ones that live in my closet, but we have an agreement: if I see them I’m allowed to squash them. They are just tiny ones, and it is a lot of effort to chase them down.

Yes, slightly random, but a blog post none the less.

I hope you are all having a good week.

0 comments: