Tuesday, January 26, 2010

So...

Last week was so so. I spent some time cleaning up the studio and editing some music, it was an average week.

I did have a meeting this last week with my MCC (sending organization) boss and my WOI (partner organization) boss. It was a mid year see how things are going kind of a meeting. There was also some talk about how to keep me more busy and how to best utilize my talents.

I am kind of in a strange position in this organization, I am a worker at the station, but I am also coming from the outside. I have lots of ideas of how to improve things, but no authority to make the changes. I have been frustrated because I don't understand the chain of command and much of that misunderstanding is caused by the cultural differences. What I really need is to be told what to do, I am happy to do whatever they would like, but I have been given no direction.
The conclusion of the meeting was for us (studio workers) to have weekly meetings where I can share my ideas, we can discuss what is important, then they will tell me what they want me to work on for the following week.

We had a meeting on Friday and I believe it went well. The plan is to make a commercial for our recording studio which will then be played on the radio station. The commercial will be basically telling people to come record their songs at our studio. So, hopefully people will come, I will be more busy, and the studio will start generating income. Everybody wins.

0 comments: