Wednesday, February 3, 2010

pineapples

I had good intentions to post this on Monday, but it seems that things always come up.

Monday I forgot the pictures, then on Tuesday we had a “surprise” “party”

It was a surprise to me because I was told about it the day before as I was getting dropped off in town; I had just closed the car door and was about to cross the street when I was summoned back and told there was a party on Tuesday.

If you want to call sitting in a cramped room for a few hours listening to people talk a party then this was a party. It was actually a kind of a late new years celebration/ recap of the last year. So, the heads of each department gave a little (long) speech about what their departments have been doing. My head was bobbing for most of it and I entered dreamland a couple times. The end was more exciting because we all shared a meal and were able to sit outside and get some fresh air.

On a more exciting note:

Last week we planted pineapple plants in my back yard!

My host brother Emmanuel went up country last week and returned with some pineapple plants, so we made an event out of pineapple planting






I don’t think they are going to be ready before we have to go in July because they are so small, but it will still be fun to watch their progress.


0 comments: