Thursday, February 11, 2010

5 day weekend

This last weekend was an extended weekend. There was a holiday on friday so we took advantage of the long weekend and headed up country for some relaxation. We went to a place called Burasira and stayed with Jody(another MCC worker). Burasira is the place we went the first week we arrived in Burundi, so it was nice to visit again and reflect a little about how far we have come in this short/long time. We did a lot of sitting around talking, reading books, and drinking tea, it was awesome! Another great thing about Burasira is that it is much cooler than Bujumbura. This trip was good for both the mind and the body.

Also, there was a surprise holiday on Monday so that people could have time to register to vote. So we ended up with an extra day to recover from our relaxing trip. :)

Im unhappy to report that the work situation has not improved since the meeting we had two weeks ago. It's really disappointing because I just want to be productive. The studio has so much potential and I have so much potential, but we are just hanging out.

On a positive note, since there is nothing to do at the studio I have had the freedom to search for some Burundian instruments. I have been asking and looking for some since I arrived here, but I found nothing but the souvenir type that you would hang on your wall... but now I have some in my possession! (I know, long story short, but I will elaborate in the next post and add some pictures).

0 comments: