Wednesday, February 17, 2010

upcountry again

I met some new friends last week. They are from Seattle (we have mutual friends) and they are now teaching at one of the universities here in Bujumbura.

We took a little weekend trip up country and stayed on an old missionary compound. We spent the weekend sharing good food and conversation, and playing some games.

On the compound there was a hospital and a place where they packaged some sort of grain/corn/flower type mixture. This man is doing the roasting.

I mentioned in the last post that I acquired some musical instruments. Here are pictures of two of them.

This is the Umuduri

This is an ikembe
I had a lesson with the ikembe on Monday, and hopefully this afternoon (wed) I will be having an umuduri lesson.

The work situation is still stationary. I'm not really sure what to do about it, but I am learning a lot of patience.

0 comments: