Wednesday, February 24, 2010

gatumba


These are pictures from the weekendThis is a place called Gatumba near the DRC border where we ate some chicken. It is literally a bunch of huts in a field. Its a little bizarre but kind of like a picnic.

We were on our way to Gatumba and this guy thought it would be funny to take a picture of us, so I took a picture of him too.

work/life update:

This week I have accepted the fact that I have absolutely no control of what happens at work. I should have accepted this a long time ago, but I guess now is as good a time as any. I’m not going to abandon the situation, I’m going to be present and offer any assistance that is asked of me, but what I am going to do/have done is mentally let go. I can’t feel down about the situation or feel responsible in any way because I have absolutely no control of what is happening (or lack of things happening). I discussed some things with a co-worker last week, and that conversation confirmed that there are some issues in our office. My problem is that I can’t tell the difference between what is cultural and what is personality. So, I looked at the patterns of the last 5 months and factored in the cultural/personality issues that I can’t understand (and have no right messing with) and realized my choices are: letting go or going crazy. I chose the former.

I hope this doesn’t sound like I’m giving up or avoiding the situation because I’m not. I’m here, ready to work and get things done when they need me, but in the meantime I’m going to try to network and work on some of my own projects. For example: I had a meeting with a friend this week and he wants me to help his group work on some songs. They are at another studio but it fits into my schedule and he will probably end up doing some of his own songs at our studio because I’m helping him out. Also, today the guys that have been giving me some music lessons are coming into the studio for a free recording session. If they like it hopefully they will return for some more recordings.



0 comments: