Wednesday, October 21, 2009

BBQ

This last week there was a holiday on Tuesday, so we took the opportunity to host a barbeque at our home. The holiday was in honor of an independence leader of Burundi.

There were cokes and fantas and a goat was grilled up in the back yard. The goat was hanging in over the back porch and the cook hacked off pieces, stuck them on skewers and grilled them up for us to enjoy. I ate so many brochettes that my jaw was sore the next day, definitely too much meat. 


The barbeque was fun because friends and members of my extended host family were present. 

After the barbeque at our house we moved the party to the beach were we spent some time just relaxing. There was also a game of football, but nothing to serious. 


At the studio things were a little slow this week. I was going to do some training with my co-workers but then things came up. They had to attend some meetings so that left me with a blank hole in my schedule that I needed to fill. I took the opportunity to surf the web and gather recourses on recording techniques and other such things. 


 I’m really learning to go with the flow because plans are always changing. For example: the training and also this blog.  My plan was to post this blog on Monday (sorry it is late), but the internet was down the last two days. I’m starting to realize it is best to find out what each day has to offer instead of trying to tell it what I want to happen. 


0 comments: