Sunday, October 25, 2009

no power/picnic at the beach


This week was a little slow.  We had another holiday on Wednesday, so no work, which is good because work has also been slow. It’s hard to work when there is no power. 

(In the background is the city of Bujumbura)

Power outages are a frequent occurrence in Bujumbura, and when I say frequent I mean daily. I think they try to rotate the power to all the different neighborhoods, so we never know when we will have power or when we won’t. 

(Right now I am updating this blog from a café and the generator just switched on.)


We have a generator at work to keep the station going, but it has been breaking down a lot. They are trying to get an additional one because our current generator is overworked.

I’m doing my best to be patient and make the most out of each day even if I’m not able to do any real work. 


On Saturday we had a picnic at the beach with our Burundian friends.  We sat around and enjoyed some avocados, oranges and a beautiful sunset. 



Those are the mountains of the DRC! 

0 comments: