Monday, November 2, 2009

hmmm.....


What did I do this week? Well, the power was out for most of the days that I was at work, so there wasn’t a whole lot to do. I ended up going home early a few days. I would then go into town to a café so that I could use internet. I can’t complain because it is fun to drink coffee and facebook chat with friends and family.

One very exciting thing did happened last week. Well, maybe not that exciting for you to read about, but it really made me happy so I am going to tell you about it. Our monitor speakers have been up on the top shelves since I arrived here. This isn’t the ideal location for them to be

because you can’t hear the music accurately. I have been asking since I arrived for them to be moved down for me. This involved drilling some holes and moving the shelves, so it was something that I was unable to do myself. After asking and asking and asking the shelves were finally moved on Friday! Yes! And as soon as I moved the speakers down and hooked everything up the power went out. Ha ha.


Today we have power at work, so I am enjoying my new speaker set up, and I’m doing my best to get as much done as possible. On Wednesday the MCC team is going up country for a retreat. I hear that it is cool where we are going so I am really excited, but because I will be missing work I have to work extra hard today and tomorrow.

I thought I might add a picture of what a typical meal looks like.

From left to right is: rice, fries, beans, and a sauce. Sometimes the sauce has meat in it (usually at dinner) and there could also be peas or cabbage instead of beans.




0 comments: