Sunday, November 8, 2009

MCC team retreat


We had the wonderful opportunity this week to have a team retreat up-country.

We had a rough start with some car trouble just outside of town, but eventually we all made it up to the lodge.




The place we went was about 45min away, but it felt like we were in a different country. There were beautiful rolling hills and it was cold! (I wore a sweater most of the time) The place we went was called Ijenda, and our team took over a little lodge that had a wonderful view.



This is the view from our rooms!

The purpose of our retreat was to bring the MCC team together for discussion, relaxation and spiritual renewal.







A cow and some goats (true burundian wildlife)


One of my favorite parts of the trip was the hike we took though the hills. It was a pleasantly overcast day with moments when it sprinkled rain; I was basically in heaven.





The Burundian SALTers (Robyn, Yoland, Me)













This is me in a tea field!


Also, I had the privilege of attending two marriage ceremonies this weekend. Hopefully I will post a blog about that later this week, after I load all the pictures on my computer.

0 comments: